Thursday, January 24, 2008

Pushing Daisies - The Smell of Success

Hello all! It is I, Emily, roommate of one Isabel Uria. And I am here to share something that is several things:

a) wonderful
b) pretty
c) actually related to the rest of the posts in this blog and thesis-y stuff (really!)
d) a song (for the win)
e) is for Emily
f) pop-ups





Also, here's a bit of transcript from above episode:


Chas Spielman: That’s me. You here for a sneak-peek, or should I say, peep of my latest book? [hands a copy to Ned; the cover features a scantily-clad woman, leaving little to the imagination of its contents]

Emerson: I heard that book was cancelled.

Chas Spielman: Temporarily. I’m still working on that. [Ned opens it and is immediately aghast; he shows it Emerson]

Emerson: [cocks an eyebrow] This don’t look like no pop-up book I had as a child …

Chas Spielman: Pop-ups aren’t just for children: my pop-ups are designed for their original audience.

Ned: [distractedly] Perverts? [holds the book sideways like a centerfold magazine]

Chas Spielman: Pure connoisseurs of art.

Emerson: Or homicidal maniacs with rudimentary reading skills … [picks up a book and reads the cover] "New Patriots Pop-Up Book", a three-dimensional instructional guide telling you everything you wanted to know on how to build a bomb of all shapes and sizes. [opens it to reveal a KABOOM! pop-up]

Chas Spielman: Pop-Up Palace appeals to an unusual demographic.

Enjoy! *scampers off*

No comments: